Effective immediately, Health Canada will require new applicants for cultivation, processing or sale for medical purposes licences to have a fully built site that meets all the requirements of the Cannabis Regulations at the time of their application, as well as satisfying other application criteria.
With respect to existing applicants who have not yet received confirmation of readiness letter, Health Canada will complete a preliminary and high-level review of the application. If the application passes this review, the Department will provide a status update letter to the applicant, indicating that, based on a preliminary and high-level review, it has no critical concerns with what is proposed in the application. This letter is not, and should not be viewed as an indication that the application is fully compliant, or that a licence will be issued. Once the applicant has a completed site that meets the regulatory requirements, the Department will review the application in detail, in priority based on the original application date.
How Can dicentra Help?
Although the time at which you can apply for a cannabis license has changed the elements of a successful application have not. Also, it is important to bear in mind that you will require many of the elements of an application before you can start building. These include the following items, which we can provide:
- A site plan and floor plan to determine the layout of your building and to provide to your contractor as guidance.
- The overall GPP plan and the flow of personnel, equipment, and operations.
- A well-designed security system
You will require more capital upfront as opposed to later on to start construction. In order to raise funds we can also provide you with:
- A comprehensive business plan with all upfront capital requirements and projected 5 year financials to present to banks and investors.
- A detailed cultivation plan with a growing strategy, selected strains, equipment needs, and projected yields to help determine capital requirements and potential revenues.
- A detailed operations plan for a business taking part in activities other than cultivation (e.g. edibles processing) to determine equipment needs and costs.
Once your building is ready we can prepare your Site Evidence Package and submit your application.